Summary: Position responsibilities include the physical possession of the Motor Coach assigned for the dispatch, other company vehicles assigned, the passengers and their safety including assisting passengers on and off the motor coach, all Baggage checked onto the bus and transported in the bus luggage bays, all money collected from fare paying passengers.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Read, write, and speak English fluently. Ability to speak foreign languages helpful.
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner that is legible and neat.
- Normal High School mathematical skills · Possess and maintain a Commercial Driver’s License. Class B with Air Brakes and Passenger endorsement minimum
- Possess and maintain a DOT physical
- Safely, efficiently, and courteously drive all company vehicles including Motor Coaches of at least 45’ in length on all public highways and required private property, including cities and mountainous regions in all weather conditions; knowledge of defensive driving techniques.
- Knowledge & practical use of the US Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations pertaining to the driving of Commercial Vehicles. · Maintaining a driving record that is free of all major traffic citations and that is free of major “at fault” accidents.
- Ability to load / unload baggage and package express by hand up to a weight permissible by existing tariffs
- Treat all passengers, company personnel, and others associated with your assigned work in a courteous and professional manner
- Work with other company personnel as members of a TEAM. This requires the Driver to coordinate activities with others, and to function simultaneously as a whole unit.
Objectives and Activities:
70%-Driving: Drive Motor Coaches, and other company vehicles, as dispatched on Regularly Scheduled Inter-City Service runs OR nationwide, Charter Trips, Tours, or any other trips as required. This may include, as required, waiting with Motor Coach for your passengers to return from their scheduled activities.
10%- Plan, coordinate, and interface with other drivers and company personnel to execute the dispatch trip as a cohesive unit. This will require advance trip planning, and communication with others while performing the driving duties.
5%- Vehicle inspections and maintenance as directed by ALLSTATE TOURS maintenance personnel. Fuel the vehicle when needed and check routinely all fluid levels and pressures.
5%-Paper Work and Communications: Document hours of service logs, inspection records, Charter/Tours dispatches and envelopes, receipt management for all expenses, Call/check in daily with Company Dispatch and Maintenance personnel frequently, and on an as need basis. All paper work is to be submitted at the end of the assignment, but no later than the next morning.
5%-Baggage & Package Express handling: Load/Unload baggage and package express as needed. Maintain records as required so that control is maintained of all items. Note any overage/shortage problems, and report to ALLSTATE TOURS supervisory personnel immediately.
5%- Drivers Education: Attend all Driver and Safety Meetings as directed by your Supervisor.
Non-Essential Job Tasks/Demands: None
|Degree Level||None- Must submit a current MVR for position|
|Licensure||Class B commercial driver’s license with passenger endorsement|
|Experience||3 years commercial driving experience; some companies will train|
|Key Skills||Customer service, patience, hand-eye coordination, good vision and hearing, basic bus maintenance|
|Additional Requirements||Ability to work flexible hours and be available for trips lasting extended periods of time; clean driving record; must pass a drug test and physical, be 21 or older to drive interstate|